Upon enrolment your family becomes part of the McAuley school community and is welcome to participate in the various events and projects that occur throughout the year. Volunteers are partners in helping us ensure every child thrives, is a capable learner and grows in self-confidence.
We invite residents from our local community such as our neighbours at Townsend Park to apply to be volunteers too.
There are lots of options for volunteers! We appreciate any time you can give to:
Perhaps you have a special talent or skill that you could share with our learners? We would love to hear about how it could enrich their learning experience.
All enrolled parents and extended family are welcome to attend our regular Parents & Friends Committee Meetings. Your time, ideas and energy are valued contributions to the life of our school.
We are committed to the safety of everyone at McAuley Community School; the safety of our children and our valued volunteers.
In accordance with Catholic Education South Australia’s policies and procedures, there are six steps to become a volunteer:
1. Read the Induction Pack for Volunteers for a detailed overview of the process. The links you need to click on are in steps 2-5 below.
2. Complete the one page fillable CESA Volunteer Declaration Form
3. Complete the three page fillable CESA Application Package online.
4. Print and bring both these completed forms to Teresa, our WH&S Officer at the Front Office of McAuley Community School.
Or scan and email these four pages to her at email@example.com with Volunteer Forms in the subject line please.
On your visit, you can complete the two page Catholic Clearance Form. Feel free to complete online then print out and bring to your visit before you visit or we will give you a copy when you arrive and help you fill it in.
A photo ID needs to be sighted and 100 points of identification attained. Please refer to the Catholic Clearance Form for acceptable forms of identification.
If you already have a current Department of Human Services Working with Children Clearance, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current address and phone number please.
5. Complete the Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect-Education & Care (RRHAN-EC) training for volunteers online course.
6. Sign acknowledgement you have read the Induction Pack for Volunteers from step 1 on your visit to the Front Office.
All good things take time and the Working With Children (WWC) & Catholic Clearance Certificate can take up to six (6) weeks to be processed by the Department of Human Services.
Volunteers will receive a card with an expiry date of 5 years. There is no cost to you to apply as this is with the compliments of McAuley Community School.
We understand that everyone needs a hand sometimes. For assistance, please complete and submit this form which will be sent to Teresa, our WH&S Officer. She will be in touch with you to guide you through the process.
The sooner you start, the sooner you will be here volunteering at McAuley.